At Ellison Technologies we are a provider of advanced machining solutions to North American metal-cutting manufacturers and their global affiliates. As a 62 year old company we are committed to the survival and growth of the American manufacturing industry. Independent offices (including Santa Fe Springs, CA) provide us a local market focus and the flexibility to advocate the needs of each of our valued customers.
Our priority is to introduce technologies that strengthen our customers’ ability to compete in the markets they serve. Whether the solution involves a stand alone machine, multi-process equipment, or an integrated manufacturing system with robotic automation, our goal remains the same; to optimize throughput and quality at the lowest per-part manufacturing cost.
In brief, this role will provide you the opportunity to showcase your ability to consult with our myriad clients and help guide them to take their products from raw stock to a finished good in the most efficient and accurate manner while meeting the aforementioned goals. This is a role works directly with our President of Advanced Manufacturing Technologies and focuses on creatively implementing next generation technology with our top end customer; this is truly a unique role in its ability to effect positive change.
Although not all-inclusive, below should provide a sense of what the opportunity entails:
• Identify unique and technologically advanced ways to move our customers' operations to the next level of productivity.
• Plan, program, set-up machines, taking parts all the way to first article and ensuring cutting edge processes and outcomes for our clients; in other words, developing a highly reliable and capable process.
• Identify fixtures, work holdings, cutting tools, etc.
• Help manage customer relationships
• Support turnkey projects
• Provide training classes and support on-site and at the customer
• Provide machine demonstrations at our Southern California operations in Santa Fe Springs and for Trade Shows which would include setting-up and program machines.
• Creating process cycle time estimates
• Support the sales team during and throughout sales process
• Assist in fixture/tooling design
We are looking for that rare candidate that is truly energized by teaching and working directly with clients while embracing next generation technology.
You’ll have experience with process cycle times, process capabilities, setting-up and programming machines and of course a strong understanding of controls such as Fanuc, Siemens, Heidenhain, Mitsubishi and/or similar. What's more, you'll have created myriad parts with Mastercam, GibbsCAM, ESPRIT or similar and bring a creative approach to solving complex manufacturing challenges.
Minimum qualification include 5 years programming and working on CNC machines.
Must have 2+ years of experience working on multi axis lathes / mill turns.
Our Mission: Equip manufacturers to compete and win, both locally and globally!
“The Ellison Way principles continue to drive our company forward. The Ellison Way principle of Adaptation will ensure that Ellison will evolve to further grow market share, strengthen our relationships with our key partners and our customers. The major focus moving forward must be on the development of Ellison’s most valuable resource – its people."
Graham Hooper (CEO)
"Ellison Technologies is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.”
*MON*ELL PM18 ***